Spring Part-Time Teacher Tutor (VIRTUAL TUTORING)
Company: Tutored By Teachers
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Are you someone who is passionate about cultivating community?
Do you love engaging with fellow teachers? Then this role is for
Here at Tutored by Teachers, our mission is to close the
opportunity gap and advance equity in education by supporting high
needs students. In the process, we empower our nation's teachers to
express their full potential by tutoring students and supporting
their peers in the classroom.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented
racial minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet
100% of the qualifications. At TbT, we encourage you to break
through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with
innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future.
If you are excited by this job description and energized by the
work we are doing, but you don't meet every qualification, please
As Community Engagement Manager, you will build community with our
community of 500+ teacher tutors to engage them authentically,
developing them into champions of our work and making sure they
know they are valued members of our team.
In your first 30 days you will:
- Get to know our team of amazing teacher tutors
- Develop communities on social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram,
etc.) and other comms channels (e.g., Slack)
In your first 90 days you will:
- Build trust and develop deep relationships with our community
- Build communication best practices for our community
- Incorporate DEI and SEL into the brand and communications
- Drive community through daily engagement strategies on social
In your first year you will:
- Develop and execute on retention strategies for our
- Be a support for problem solving challenges that arise
We'd like to see the following:
- Experience as a teacher for K-12 students in a public school in
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to TbT's mission to close the opportunity gap and
- Experience coaching or training groups of teachers
Bonus Points for:
- Experience participating in online teacher groups, whether on
Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Community organizing experience (formal or informal)
- Passion for cultivating best practices
- Familiarity with Slack
- Experience in edtech and/or a fast-growing early stage
About Tutored by Teachers
Tutored by Teachers is a public benefit company on a mission to
close the opportunity gap by building a national tutoring program
powered by our nation's teachers. We serve the students who are
struggling the most in historically underserved communities through
small group, teacher-led virtual instruction to build students'
foundational skills, further their social-emotional learning, and
begin to address the trauma of COVID. In the process, our
teacher-tutors get to fully express themselves as educators, earn
extra income, and support their overwhelmed peers in the classroom.
We're meeting a critical need and producing tremendous results for
students and teachers alike, which is fueling amazing growth for
our mission driven start-up!
We currently offer the following benefits:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Access to 401k to help save for the future
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low
cost mental health resources and support services
- Fully remote work environment and a flexible schedule
- A $500 reimbursement to equip your home office
- Annual in-person team retreats
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an unlimited vacation
policy after year 1 to help recharge
Tutored by Teachers is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that
requires accommodation, please let us know.
Keywords: Tutored By Teachers, Hemet , Spring Part-Time Teacher Tutor (VIRTUAL TUTORING), Education / Teaching , Banning, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!