Assistant Nurse Manager - PreOp PACU - Evening
Location: El Monte
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Every Connection. Every Support. Everything We Have. -A true
leader aims to inspire-and at Cedars-Sinai, that's exactly what our
Nurse Managers do. They've got a strong combination of clinical
skills, management abilities, and integrity, and they devote every
ounce of their hearts to all that they do here. This culture of
passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's one of
the many reasons we've earned a five-time Magnet designation. So if
you're passionate about leading an excellent team at a world-class,
852-bed teaching and research facility, we invite you to bring your
talents to Cedars-Sinai. Come discover for yourself why U.S. News &
World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals. -Are you
ready to make a difference? -Under the leadership of the Nurse
Manager/Associate Director/Executive Director (Nurse Leader) the
Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating the daily
twenty-four (24) hour operations of assigned unit/area patient care
in order to provide high quality, individualized patient care in
support of Medical Center philosophies. -As the Assistant Nurse
- Function as the Department Supervisor and an experienced and
- Collaborate to identify and assess patient safety concerns with
respect to age and developmental considerations.
- Intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluates
effectiveness of intervention for patients.
- Provide leadership in the delivery of patient care and nursing
practices within assigned clinical unit(s).
- Work with Nurse Management to address issues identified with
regard to quality of care standards.
- Responsible for performance management, including supervising
or developing action plans to support staff development and improve
- In collaboration with CNIV and/or Charge Nurse and Nurse
Leaders, ensures adequate staffing and time schedules are managed
within budgetary standard. May authorize overtime or scheduling
changes to fill shifts as necessary.
- Assist in monitoring established performance improvement
systems to measure fiscal compliance.
- Assists the Nurse Leader with budget planning, staffing and
scheduling, recruitment efforts internal/external to the
organization, monitors meal periods and rest breaks, tardiness,
absenteeism, overtime and keeps Nurse Manager informed of
- Oversee documentation on direct and indirect patient care
services for the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection
of our patients.
- Assist the Nurse Leader with the development of departmental
goals, new hire evaluation process and promote inter/intra
- Coordinate the interdisciplinary team approach to discharge
planning, including team rounding.
- Supervises the coordination of patient assignments based on
staff competencies, including the delegation and assignment patient
care tasks and prioritization of workload, considering patient
acuity, activity and available resources.
- In collaboration with other members of management, oversees the
completion by staff of mandatory competencies to meet regulatory
requirements, ensures on-going adherence, and monitors for
- Assists the Nurse Leader with the development of departmental
goals, new hire evaluation process and promotes inter/intra
departmental collaboration. -Assists Nurse Manager with the
recruitment and retention of staff, coaches and counsels staff, and
facilitates staff meetings.
- Conducts timely peer review evaluations as it applies to the
performance appraisal period and evaluation and ongoing feedback.
- Actively participates and manages operations during emergency
situations, including participation in disaster preparedness.
- Effectively shares integrated learning/knowledge. Supports
and/or represents department for organizational initiatives through
the participation in meetings, such as staff meetings, shared
governance, quality assurance meetings or committees, joint
commission and related clinical forums.
- Assists in assessing the educational needs of staff, patient,
and families; plans and coordinates with Nurse Educator the
educational classes required for the department.
- Validates, monitors and evaluates the orientation process for
new staff members.
- Coordinates with Nurse Leader to develop nursing knowledge and
practice through in-service and basic competency programs to meet
- Other duties as assigned, including special
- BSN Degree Required
- MSN/MHA Preferred -License/Certification/Registration
- CA Registered Nurse License
- ACLS -from American Heart Association
- PALS from American Heart Association
- Relevant Specialty Certification (external will have 1 year to
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in an acute care or
- (2) years in specialty and supervisory experience.
- PACU or ICU experience required.
Working Title:Assistant Nurse Manager - PreOp PACU - Evening
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Hemet , Assistant Nurse Manager - PreOp PACU - Evening, Executive , El Monte, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!