Pharmacy Site Manager - Genoa Healthcare
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: September 6, 2020
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa
Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve
behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more
than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People
with serious mental or chronic illness and those who care for them
have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their
partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner
with community-based providers and others to ensure that people
with complex health conditions get the right medications and are
able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services
in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management are
leading the way to a new level of care.
We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that
is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Groups family of businesses. We
are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health
services business dedicated to making the health system work better
for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa
Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best
We seek a Pharmacy Site Manager to supervise and direct the
pharmacy processes, and activities of personnel, to ensure the
efficient and timely dispensing of medications to the clients of
the mental health facility, while ensuring compliance with all
relevant laws of the State Board of Pharmacy.Major Duties &
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and
members of the clinic staff
- Fill new prescriptions and refills of medications using various
forms of compliance packaging.
- Medication ordering and maintenance of appropriate inventory
controls within the pharmacy.
- Within the guidelines of the authorized protocol, manage the
storage and designation of sample medications, and patient
assistance program medications to clients of the clinic, if
- As primary contact between the pharmacy and the clinic,
maintain excellent relations with the medical director, case
managers and other clinic staff, and provide drug consultation
services when required.
- Communication with various doctors and doctors offices
regarding obtaining proper prescription, insurance or prior
- Oversee controlled substance logs and inventory
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the pharmacy
technicians and other employees and assume responsibility for other
duties related to personnel. Staff RPh and delivery drivers
(phlebotomists and Care Coordinators)
- Prepare medication emergency kits if required by the clinic for
any after-hours dispensing of medications.
- Manage rejected claims, conduct gross margin analysis and
generate reports for management.
- Sign all documentation required as Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist
- Maintain all DEA requirements for assigned pharmacy
- Participate in clinic committee and staff meetings
- Assume all operation responsibilities including financial
- Promote and increase sales.
- Reports to the Director of Operations
- Ensure company metric goals are delivered
- Human Resources:
- Training and development of team members
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and terminating
- Provide consistent feedback to direct reports
- Manage time off, payroll, overtime
- Complete new hire feedback forms
- Financially responsible to ensure development of a profitable
business unit and to continued growth
- Locating and delivering new accounts that may be from
partnering agency or external accounts
- Manage accounts payable to minimize debt write offs
- Cash Payment Reporting
- Execute sample management and PAP
- Execute Genetic testing
- Execute monthly marketing event
- Execute quarterly lunch and learn
- Ensure water runs or interaction in the waiting rooms is
occurring to market pharmacy
- Ensure wait times are appropriate for waiting rxs
- Knowledge of federal and state requirements for filling rxs and
- Ensure online training is completed and training completed for
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
- Current pharmacist license in the state you are applying
- Pharmacy Management experience preferred but not
- Candidates for the position will be subject to a standard
license, background check and drug screening.
- APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certificate or
equivalent. Genoa will provide training if necessary.
Please go to the website to apply, do not contact the Pharmacy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: pharmacy, manager, PharmD, retail pharmacy, APhA,
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Hemet , Pharmacy Site Manager - Genoa Healthcare, Healthcare , Hemet, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!