Molecular Diagnostics Technologists/Clinical Laboratory Specialist
Company: KPC Biotech
Posted on: January 12, 2022
SUMMARYThe person in this position is a licensed Medical
Technologist (MT) or Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Molecular
Diagnostics who is responsible for day to day specimen processing,
analysis and results reporting. Performs data organization and
statistical analysis and maintains training in advanced methods and
software applications for bioinformatics. -RESPONSIBILITIES AND
- Receive and process specimens according to department
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with
administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining
- Produces, interprets, and reports accurate and precise test
- Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test
performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to
supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
- Performs instrument maintenance and method
- Validates new methods.
- Works in the laboratory with PCR and other amplification
technologies in the presence of plasma and other biological fluids
of human and -origin.
- Performs molecular diagnostic techniques to include: PCR, real
time PCR gene sequencing, hybridization assays on DNA or RNA
- Includes conducting rapid immunological and molecular test
- Maintains records, files and organizes data in different
- Directly investigates the performance of new and re-formulated
- Handles CAP surveys.
- Will be involved with clinical trial sample acquisition,
testing and data organization, other clinical research organization
tasks as needed
- Will received, record, organize and maintain the specimen
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department
QA/QC programs and monitors.
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth
by current departmental guidelines.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab
procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the
industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to
protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of
protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance
Program and all Corporate Policies, including the Privacy and
- Other duties as assigned. -EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- - - - - - -Bachelor's degree required. If Bachelor's degree not
obtained, Associate's degree required. - - - - - - -National
certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
as a Clinical Laboratory preferred. - - - - - - -Specialist in
Molecular Diagnostics or as a Medical Technologist (MT) preferred.
- - - - - - -Must hold a valid State CLS License. -SKILLS &
ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS: - - - - - - -One year job-related
experience preferred. - - - - - - -Computer proficiency
-PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: - - - - - - -Body Positions: Sitting and
standing for prolonged periods. - - - - - - -Body Movements: Arm
and hand dexterity. - - - - - - -Body Senses: Must have command of
close and distant sight, color perception and hearing. - - - - - -
-Strength: Ability to lift and move up to 25-pounds.
Keywords: KPC Biotech, Hemet , Molecular Diagnostics Technologists/Clinical Laboratory Specialist, Healthcare , Hemet, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!