Associate Therapist, Mental Health - Residential
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: San Jacinto
Posted on: January 18, 2023
This position has a $3,000 sign on bonus!The Associate Therapist
works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing treatment
services according to the Discovery Clinical Model. Therapist
responsibilities include ensuring patient safety, providing milieu
interventions, leading psychoeducational and process-oriented
therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments, conduct therapy
sessions, and other case management tasks, as assigned.Essential
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment. All documentation is required to be done
at the time of service.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. -
- Maintain a case load of 5-6 patients.
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions assigned
weekly for patients, including family/support system sessions
aligned with the patients' level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved ones.
Returning all calls and emails within 2 hours during business hours
of operations and 24 hours all other times.
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence. - -
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.Provides
on-call support to facility at least 1x per month and returns all
program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on call. Communicates
appropriately with On Call Administrator or Regional Director
regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call.Sunday-Thursday
For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at
$52,000-90,000.Compensation will be dependent upon geographic
region, education, and experience
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements to conduct therapeutic
- Operates under supervision and is not licensed
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good
standingNot sure if you meet all the qualifications? Apply anyway!
To provide truly innovative care, we need to have a diverse team
around us. That's why Discovery Behavioral Health is committed to
creating an inclusive environment. If you find yourself meeting
some but not all the above, we'd be happy to consider your
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is
reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we
work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and
strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce.We are proud to be
an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.For more
information about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic. Keywords: Mental
Health Rehabilitation Worker, Location: San Jacinto, CA -
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Hemet , Associate Therapist, Mental Health - Residential, Healthcare , San Jacinto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!