Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Integrated Oncology Network-Hematology Oncology Co
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The LPN supports the registered nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or physician in the provision of patient care, to include delivery of patient care, collection of ongoing patient response to care, and patient education.
- Record patient vital signs: pulse, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor the progress throughout the treatment.
- May administer injections or give treatments under direction of physician.
- Schedule or perform clinical procedures as directed.
- Prepare exam rooms for patient visits.
- Gather patient information and keep records updated with the relevant data.
- Maintain effective communication with the medical personnel, patient and patient's family.
- Treat wounds, change wound dressings.
- Collecting samples from patients, which include blood and urine. They may also assist in doing some lab work.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Possess a valid LPN license.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
- 1-2 years in an oncology setting
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
_Physical demands: _While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
_Work environment: _While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $27.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Hemet, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* LVN (Required)
* BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person%49137234% %%mednurse%%
Keywords: Integrated Oncology Network-Hematology Oncology Co, Hemet , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Hemet, California
here to apply!