Staff RN (Hospital) PD
Posted on: May 27, 2023
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional
nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with
established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Center Vision,
Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible
to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and
effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats
co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care
team with dignity and respect.Essential Responsibilities:Essential
- The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the
following skills, competencies, and behaviors:Leadership:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks
appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Understands own and team members scope of practice and
escalates issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command
and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific
operations and patient care activities
- Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds
him/her accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.Nursing Process:
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care
that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating
the outcomes of that plan.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation,
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database,
on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs,
and appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant
others, and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors the patients progress based on the plan.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and
evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan
including discharge barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge
- In outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family
education that will facilitate the outpatient medical management
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications
and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus
prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies
and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding
patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side
effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as
at the time of discharge.Documentation:
- Charting is accurate, legble, dated, and timed.
- Documentation reflects nursing process and interventions and
- Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently for
optimal patient care.Clinical Outcomes:
- Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with
physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and
ongoing completion by departmental competency validation.
- Make comprehensive nursing decisions based on interpretation of
data, assessments, and evaluations of patient outcomes.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement
activities, i.e., planning, measuring/monitoring, assessing, and
- Adherence to Workplace Safety principles and practices.
- Applies standard precautions; maintains a safe environment for
self and others.
- Patient Care Experience:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customers
ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
- Ensures clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect,
kindness and compassion.
- Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively
listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking
responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can understand and
- Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members
expectations. -Team Commitment:
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is
flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees,
registry, students, and other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services and staff meetings
as required, actively participates in other departmental
professional development. (Requirement may vary for per diem
- Participates with the assessment of current and future unit
learning needs and development of an annual education plan.
- Keeps self informed of activities on the unit and makes
recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program.
- Reports to assigned area promptly, being present and available
for report at beginning of assigned shift.
- Supports a collaborative Labor-Management Partnership
environment through unit based teams.Fiscal Responsibility:
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs
simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and the level of work being performed by the individuals
assigned to this position and as such are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
- MORENO VALLEY -NURSING IN & OUT PATIENT SETTING
- NURSERY-Current CA RN license. BLS and NRP certifications. One
(1) year recent (within the last three (3) years) full-time
equivalent experience in a nursery setting.
- OBSTETRICS (OB)-Current CA RN license. BLS and NRP
certifications. One (1) year recent (within the last 3 years)
full-time equivalent experience in Maternal/Child Health, OB/GYN or
Womens Health in an acute care setting.
- TELEMETRY / MED SURG- TELE- Current CA RN license. ACLS and BLS
certifications. Successful completion of a Basic Arrhythmia course.
One (1) year recent (within the last three (3) years) full-time
equivalent experience in an acute care setting.
- RECOMMENDED VERBIAGE TO BE ADDED TO ANY AND ALL POSITIONS
WILLING TO CONSIDER NEW GRADS.
- RN/IPs - new graduates and experienced RNs not meeting the
- Applicant must be a graduate of a BRN approved RN program and
have completed 917 hours of supervised RN student clinical training
or as an RN applicant, is an LVN who has graduated from an
accredited, licensed vocational nursing program that included
supervised clinical student experience and has a minimum of one (1)
year of experience as an LVN in the clinical area of RN hire within
the past three years or comparable clinical area as defined by the
- Applicants will be required to successfully complete a Kaiser
Permanente Nursing Orientation Program. IP applicants must receive
RN license within 3 months of hire.
- This language does not prescribe that you must hire an
- Certifications for RNs working at Moreno Valley Community
Hospital prior to ownership by Kaiser Permanente:
- Employees acquired through the purchase of Moreno Valley
Community Hospital from Valley Health System will continue to have
up to 6 months from their original date of hire with Valley Health
System to obtain the required certifications/courses for the
specific unit on which they work, including:
- Successful completion of a Basic Arrhythmia course
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of
Responsibility (Kaiser Permanentes Code of Conduct) by maintaining
the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the
assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity,
reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state
and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser
requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanentes policies and
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for
consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined
by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as
well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge,
skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and
culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to
purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA Employer.Basic Qualifications:
- One (1) year recent (within the last three years) full-time
equivalent experience in an acute care setting. -Education
- Successful completion of a Basic Arrhythmia course. -License,
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- ACLS certification required. Additional Requirements:
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived. If an inexperienced RN is being
considered, and appropriate KP training program is available, will
consider the following: RN new graduates and experienced RN's not
meeting requirements: -Graduate of a Board of Registered Nursing
approved RN program with completion of 768 or more hours of
supervised RN student clinical training. Applicants will be
required to successfully complete a Kaiser Permanente Nursing
Orientation Training Program. -Entry into the KP Nursing
Orientation Program requires that candidate must have less than 6
months of RN experience. -All certifications, including cards of
completion and/or advanced certification must be obtained in
accordance with experience requirements as specified by the
department. - -Current California RN License and AHA BLS
- BSN preferred.PrimaryLocation : California,Moreno Valley,Moreno
Valley Medical CenterHoursPerWeek : 1Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon,
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart : 07:00
AMWorkingHoursEnd : 07:30 PMJob Schedule : Per DiemJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
B19-SEIU-Local 121Job Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
Nursing Licensed & Nurse PractitionersDepartment : Moreno Valley
Hospital - Med/Surg - UNIT 2 - 0801Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is
an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Hemet , Staff RN (Hospital) PD, Healthcare , Winchester, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...