Company: Soboba Casino
Location: San Jacinto
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary Under the direction of the Food &
Beverage team, the bartender is responsible for providing pleasant,
efficient alcohol beverage service to guests, cocktail servers and
food servers. Restaurant and/or food outlet bartenders may be
required to serve food while working in that
- Receive payment for beverages, handles cash, comps, and
- Ensure friendly and efficient guest service.
- Monitor alcohol consumption and exercises TIPs procedures at
- Verify identification and age of guests.
- Apply positive communication and interpersonal skills with
guests, (internal and external) at all times.
- Expedite large quantities of drinks efficiently and accurately
during peak hours.
- Complete all set-up duties in timely fashion.
- Maintain knowledge of all drinks, recipes, and beer items
available, the prices of each, and how drinks are garnished.
- Serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to guests directly
or indirectly through food/beverage servers.
- Have soda's and other nonalcoholic beverages ready and prepared
for servers in the service bars so that they may get on the floor
- Maybe required to serve food and assist in food outlets when
- Mentor bar backs in learning the POS, Liquor control system and
cocktails allow them to assist when extra hands are needed due to
an increase in guests at the bar
- Operate all bar equipment, including computerized cash register
and credit card machine.
- Maintain accurate bank, as well as open and maintain tabs
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of work area according to
Soboba Casino standards and Health Department regulations.
- Always report to work in a clean uniform. No eating, smoking,
or chewing gum on the floor or behind the bar.
- Must be physically present to work a regular, reliable, and
predictable work schedule in accordance with business demands, and
maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities, tasks, or
duties as requested.
- Responsible for proper food serving techniques and customer
- Provide timely service, coordinating work with
back-of-the-house employees and other coworkers to ensure food
orders are served in a timely manner.
- Bus, clean, and set tables when and if necessary.
- Responsible for taking scheduled breaks on time and in
accordance with coworkers.
- Maintain knowledge of casino and department promotions,
programs, services, food specials, and services. Performance
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work
habits, deliver superior service to internal and external guests,
exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, and
integrity, and comply with all governing policies and
- Employ positive communication skills and exercise professional
interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests
and co-workers at all times.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the workplace,
including appearance, communication, attendance, reliability, and
- Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and
neat work area and excellent time management skills, leading to the
highest levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others
- Demonstrate support and comply with all Safety program elements
including: adherence to policies, exercise of safe work practices,
participation in training, use of protective equipment, and
reporting all safety concerns, hazards, and non-compliant
- Participate in open communication and provide feedback to
management regarding operations, staffing, personal development,
and operational productivity.
- Serve as a contributing Team Member of the Soboba Band of
Luiseño Indians enhancing the Casino's operations in all its
business endeavors. Education / Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age, or older.
- Bartending certificate / two (2) years' beverage experience, or
six (6) months training in barback position required.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Any combination of education, experience and training that
provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the
United States of America. Certificates, licenses and registration
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Soboba Tribal Gaming
- Required to submit to and obtain negative results on all drug
and/or alcohol testing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain TIPs (Training for Intervention
- Required to have a valid Riverside County Food Handlers' Card
and/or Serve Safe Certification or obtain one upon hiring.
- Barstarts/Barsmarts recommended.Soboba Casino Resort Benefits
Full-time team members are eligible to participate in a variety of
group health and wellness benefits upon timely submission of
appropriate enrollment forms. Coverage effective dates vary by plan
and additional information will be provided to you during New Hire
Orientation. Benefit offerings may change from time-to-time, but
presently, Soboba Casino resort offers the following:
- 401k Plan
- Basic Life Insurance employer paid ($20,000) with the option to
purchase Supplemental Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental & Vision paid for the employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program (Annual Health Fair, Wellness Education, and
- Paid Time Off Soboba Casino Resort Team Member Recognition
including, but not limited to:
- Reward and Recognition Program (Quarterly, and Annually)
- Team member Incentives
- Free Team member meal
Keywords: Soboba Casino, Hemet , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , San Jacinto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!