Technical Planning Specialist - Wildomar [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Playing in picture-in-picture Like Add to Watch Later Share Clip
ID: 583635219 Delivery: application/vnd.vimeo.dash+json Embed Size:
514--289 Separate AV: true Dropped Frames: 0 / 0 - 0 Playhead /
Buffer: 0 / 0 / 0 Bandwidth: 0 (0 Kbps0 Kbps) LIVE 0 00:00 00:32
Volume This opens in a new window. Technical Planning Specialist -
Wildomar [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share to Facebook Share
to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email App
- Job ID: 71040459
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Wildomar, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become aTechnical Planning
Specialistat Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you'll be thoroughly trained to develop
estimates, prepare work orders, drawings or construction plans, and
bills of materials used at the planning stage of engineering and
construction projects. As aTechnical Planning Specialist, your work
will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create
cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to
help us build the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think
big, work smart and shine bright!
- Communicate with internal clients including engineering,
project management, and other key partners to determine technical
requirements regarding the design of new projects.
- Prepare work order documents and drawings, secure final
approval of work order packages, and forward to sponsor
organizations while updating all internal systems as the need
- Define the scope and operational requirements for preparation
of preliminary electrical and civil designs.
- Create designs for basic infrastructure replacement programs
including deteriorated poles, automation, conductor replacements,
- Order materials and identify expected construction labor and
- Complete all vital contracts, invoices, easement requests,
apply for necessary permits, FAA approval, etc. and submit
environmental reviews to prepare project for eventual
- Assist Designers and other team members with technical
- Act as a team facilitator in coordinating efforts of other
planners, engineers, customers, and all other internal and external
sources for the purpose of creating a high quality electrical
design in a timely manner.
- Support system emergencies as they arise.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- One or more years of experience in Electrical Utility
Distribution Design, Transmission Design, Distribution Line
construction, or Electrical Engineering discipline OR be a
successful graduate from Service Planner Development Program
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver License. The preferred
- Experience with designing electric transmission and/or
- Experience in SCE systems such as DM, SAP, AUD, CSRP,
SpidaCalc, SpidaMin and knowledge of engineering principles,
construction standards, and industry practices such as using
resource books and Overhead and Underground Construction
- Knowledge of pole loading requirements.
- Training or education in a technical or mechanical field,
including learning or applying technical information related to
engineering, drafting, architecture, construction, mapping, design,
mechanics, mathematics, science or computers.
- Coordinate several projects concurrently, adjusting to shifting
priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Successful completion of Electrical Utility Planner
Certification Program (from California State Polytechnic
University, Pomona), AutoCAD, or similar programs.
- Occasional lifting of typically less than 40lbs.
- Work in various weather conditions. Possibly even in remote
regions - the coast, desert, mountains across California. You
should know ---
- Work Mode:When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode ishybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit ourCandidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work
directly as employees for any employer in the United States without
- Position may require up to 30% travel and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation assistance will not be offered. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Please access ourInformation Guides to
reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test
8203)and EEI Tech Test (Test #5107). Candidates who have previously
passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again
for this position. About Southern California Edison The people at
SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger.
We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an entire
industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a
future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the
safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to
grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in
Southern California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our
differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at(833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Hemet , Technical Planning Specialist - Wildomar [HYBRID], IT / Software / Systems , Wildomar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!