Company: Staffmark Drivers
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Are you looking to work closer to home? Are you tired of
commuting and traffic? Our manufacturing client in Hemet is seeking
a Welder. - Please see below job description and submit candidates
- Summary of Position: Performs surface preparation, brazing,
metal cutting and welding using saws, presses, gas and electric
welding equipment to fabricate flow meters.
- Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions: Receives
instructions, prints and work orders for each job. Plans details of
working procedures, tools and material requirements. Fabricates
flow meters and components or structures by cutting, bending,
burning and welding various metals by using welding techniques and
appropriate welding equipment. Cleans and prepares surfaces to be
welded. Sets up, assembles and tacks welded parts. Builds up worn
or defective surfaces when appropriate. Uses burning equipment and
saws to dismantle assemblies or parts and to cut material to size
and shape as vital. Checks own work for conformance to prescribed
standards and measurements using a variety of measuring
instruments. Uses knowledge of equipment, work processes and safety
practices to work efficiently and safely. Observes and follows all
safety regulations and company policies. Maintains clean, orderly,
and safe work area and ensures accurate handling of tools,
equipment, and stock to prevent loss. Observes and follows all
safety regulations and company policies.
- Other Responsibilities and Functions: Operates powered
industrial truck (forklift) to load and unload material. Maintains
a dedication to collaboration and a positive, encouraging demeanor
to all personnel. Will assist with the training of lesser qualified
employees. Supports continuous improvement activities (DBS).
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. Observes
and follows all safety regulations and company policies.
- Education and Experience: Experience: 3-5 years welding
experience required Education: Successful completion of formal
in-house welding and completion of recognized welding certification
program required. Successful demonstration of competence in the
following skills as determined through visual observation by the
Team Leader Manufacturing Manager or Supervisor: MIG welding on
vertical, horizontal and overhead planes, both stationary and
turntable. TIG welding on at least one of vertical, horizontal and
overhead planes, stationary. Oxy-Acetylene cutting torch.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read and understand written instructions,
specifications, blue prints or work orders required.
- Ability to drive or be trained to drive forklift.
- Teamwork: Establishes and maintains productive working
- Safety: Follows and promotes safe working practices.
- Customer Focus: Consistently keep internal and external
customers highly advised as necessary.
- Continuous Improvement: Enthusiastically participates in all
DBS activities related to position.
- Quality of Work: Regularly produces quality work and encourages
productive feedback to improve performance.
- Results Achieved: Maintains efficiency levels that meet or go
above and beyond.
- Technical Excellence: Obtains maximum benefit of tools and
resources available to position.
- Adapting to Change: Optimally manages time/projects.
Demonstrates flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Level is determined by the Skills Matrix and Leveling Guide.
Welder IV has the competency to train new Welders as well as
Welders I-III. -Apply today and you could win in our $100k Giveaway
for Job Fest 2022. This year's Job Fest features weekly drawings
for $1k, three $25k giveaways, and more. In total, we''re giving
away $100k! Between September 12 and December 4, employees receive
an automatic contest entry for every week you work 36+ hours on
assignment with us. The more weeks you work, the better chance you
have to win. To learn more and read the contest rules, visit .
Apply now for a chance to win!
Keywords: Staffmark Drivers, Hemet , Welder Mig/Tig, Other , Hemet, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!