Police Officer (Lateral)
Company: Hemet Police Department
Posted on: March 18, 2023
THE CITY OF HEMET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -
The City of Hemet is accepting continuous applications for Police Officer-Lateral (experienced). Apply immediately for consideration! -
The City of Hemet is seeking highly motivated, career and community-oriented Police Officer Laterals to fill current and anticipated vacancies in the department. -The ideal candidates should be able to apply the concepts of community-oriented policing, while maintaining an effective enforcement profile.
Note: "Lateral' is defined as current employment with a POST recognized law enforcement agency as a peace officer; or previous employment with a POST recognized law enforcement agency as a peace officer with a break-in-service not exceeding three (3) years. Candidates exceeding a break in service of more than three (3) years must have completed a POST Requalification course prior to time of application. Out of state applicants must have achieved a California POST Basic Course Waiver.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Do you want to work for an agency where you can make a direct impact on your community? You can make a difference by joining one of the most progressive and professional police departments in Southern California. -The Hemet Police Department is an advanced agency devoted to community policing through proactive enforcement of laws, crime prevention activities, and extensive community involvement. -Our community has shown strong support of its police department throughout its 100-year history.
Hemet Police Department offers a variety of special assignment positions including motorcycle officer, school resource officer, investigator, narcotics officer, field training officer, gang officer, canine handler, and SWAT. -Patrol officers currently work mixed 3/12 and 4/10 shifts. -Other non-traditional work schedules have been implemented by various bureaus within the department. -Currently the City also deploys an assigned vehicle program for officers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To view the position's complete details, please click here .
Submit an online application by the posted deadline with the following considerations:
- - Complete all required fields on the application
- - Attach a copy of one of the following: Basic POST Certificate, POST Requalification, or California POST Basic Course Waiver
If you do not attach the required certificates, your application will not be considered.
Applicants must: (1) Possess a valid Class C California Driver License; and (2) Successfully pass a thorough background investigation, a polygraph examination, a psychological evaluation, fingerprinting, and a medical examination which will include a pre-employment drug screening.
As required by Commission Regulation 1008:
Police Officer-Lateral applicants who have had a break of employment -of three (3) years or more than three (3) years as a Peace Officer -must -have completed their re-qualifications course prior to time of application. -
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS BUT MAY BE ATTACHED.
-CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN THE SELECTION PROCESS SHOULD STATE THEIR NEEDS IN WRITING WHEN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION PACKAGE.
-THE PROVISIONS IN THIS BULLETIN DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT. ANY PROVISION CONTAINED IN THIS BULLETIN MAY BE MODIFIED OR REVOKED WITHOUT NOTICE.
- The City reserves the right to rate applicants based on a review of the application materials and to invite only the most qualified applicants to participate in the selection process.
- - -
Hemet Police Officers Association
The following is a summary of the provided benefits to full-time employees in the Hemet Police Officers unit. For further information, please refer to the Hemet Police Officers Association MOU.
Retirement: The City contracts with the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
- - Classic Members: 3% at 55 Formula; -1959 survivor benefit; final compensation based on single highest year; employee contributes 12% (no Social Security deduction).
- - PEPRA -(New) Members: 2.7% at 57 Formula; 1959 survivor benefit; final compensation based on a three-year average; employee contributes 50% of total normal cost, currently 14% (no Social Security deduction).
- - The City contributes $1,100.00 -per month toward medical insurance for employees and their eligible dependents.
Dental & Vision Coverage:
- - The City pays 100% of the premium for dental & vision coverage for employees and their dependents.
Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance:
- - The City pays 100% of the premium for a term-life insurance policy of $50,000.
- - The City pays 100% of the premium for long-term disability insurance.
- - The City will provide up to $2,000 per calendar year, subject to terms set forth in the Hemet Police Officers Association MOU.
- - Employees earn up to the following amounts of leave:
- - 96 vacation hours per year within the first three years of service
- - 8 -hours per month Sick Leave
- - 12 paid holidays per year
- - The City will provide $255.00 per month for eligible assignments based on the City's needs for bilingual skill and successful completion of a test.
- - K-9 Officer Pay: assigned officers will receive seven (7) hours of overtime pay per pay period.
- - Patrol/SRO: assigned officers will receive an additional 2% base salary increase.
- - Field Training Officers: assigned officers will receive an additional 10% base salary increase.
- - Mandatory Stand-by/On-call: assigned officers will receive $125 per pay period.
- - The City will provide a uniform allowance in the amount of $1,345 per year.
Educational Incentive Pay:
- - The City will provide 3% above base pay for officers presently holding a POST Intermediate Certificate or a Bachelor's degree.
- - The City will provide an additional 5% above base pay for officers presently holding a POST Advanced Certification or a Master's degree.
- - Maximum 8% combined incentive.
Note: The provisions of this summary do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained in this summary may be modified or revoked without notice. The types and levels of employee benefits provided, including City contributions toward benefit costs, are subject to change as a result of periodic contract negotiations between the recognized employee association and the City of Hemet.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Compensation / Benefits Manager, Location: Menifee, CA - 92584 , PL: 564991646
Keywords: Hemet Police Department, Hemet , Police Officer (Lateral), Other , Menifee, California
here to apply!