Underground Civil Construction Inspector, Senior Specialist [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Underground Civil Construction Inspector, Senior Specialist
[HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share to Facebook Share to Twitter
Share to LinkedIn Share to Email App
- Job ID: 71043758
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Wildomar, CA US
- Salary: 102,800-154,200 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution! Become an Underground Civil
Construction Inspector at Southern California Edison (SCE) and
build a better tomorrow. In this job, you'll work in our
Underground Civil Construction & Inspection Division within
Southern California Edison's T&D Organizational Unit. You will
inspect the installation of conduit, structures, and related
components for compliance with Edison, State, County, and Local
standards and administer contracts at the field level within any
Districts in the Metro East and San Jacinto Regions. A day in the
life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Assigning work to SCE's contractors and reviewing contractor
daily reports for accuracy, resolves issues, and approves
- Documenting the location of installed facilities on as-built
drawings and preparing required supporting documents in accordance
with departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinating changes to projects in accordance with contract
documents and/or department policies and procedures with both
internal and external customers.
- Collaboratively tasking projects with contractors and providing
technical support to Local and Tech Planning.
- Documenting status of work as required and providing
notification to appropriate customers.
- Preparing and delivering reports to management as
- Interfacing with both internal personnel and outside agencies;
making decisions in the field which may have a major impact on the
efficiency of field crews and work order closings.
- Administering purchase orders/contracts at the field
- Remaining on-call and providing support as needed.
- Field monitoring in accordance with SCE's Safety Observation
program requirements. Qualifications
- Five to Seven years of experience performing surveillance and
inspections, or civil construction, or civil engineering, or civil
- Must possess a valid California driver's license. The Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering or a related
- Evaluating the effectiveness of projects, including monitoring
progress, reallocating resources, reporting on status, and
implementing changes as needed.
- Performing inspections, including providing technical support,
identifying compliance issues, and providing corrective
- Coordinating activities between the Company and contractors,
including assigning work, monitoring projects, and reviewing field
dailies for accuracy.
- Documenting installed facilities locations on as-built drawings
and preparing supporting documentation.
- Preparing and delivering reports to management and/or
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with utility underground construction practices,
specifications and requirements, including the Underground
Structures (UGS) Manual, GO128 and related industry standards.
- Ability to present technical information to technical and
- Managing risks and safety appropriately and providing
exceptional service to internal and external customers. You should
- This position's work mode ishybrid. The employee will report to
an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit ourCandidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the
hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply for this position. Testing:
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Please access ourinformation guides to
reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test
8203). Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in
some cases, may not need to retest again for this position. Travel
- Position will require up to 80% traveling and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory. Relocation
- Relocation does not apply to this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you will have a chance to grow personally and professionally,
making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
protected status. We are committed to ensuring that individuals
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Hemet , Underground Civil Construction Inspector, Senior Specialist [HYBRID], Professions , Wildomar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...